Description: Roasted salmon basted with a sweet and salty soy glaze. This fish pairs wonderfully with a side of rice and vegetables.
4 (six ounce) skinless salmon fillets
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon freshly grated garlic
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
6 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Place salmon on a sheet tray and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, heat a drizzle of canola oil. Once hot, add grated garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add soy sauce, honey, and orange juice and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a soft boil and simmer until reduced and thickened, about ten minutes. Set aside to cool for five minutes.
- Brush salmon fillets with a layer of glaze, reserving more for basting. Roast in center rack of the oven for six minutes.
- Remove salmon from oven. Brush another layer of glaze on the salmon and return to the oven for another six minutes, or until salmon reached an internal temperature of 135 degrees. When fish is cooked through, remove from oven and baste with one more layer of glaze. Set aside to rest for a few minutes before serving.