Who needs Chipotle when you can make your own cilantro lime rice? This makes a great side dish or as a base for a burrito bowl.
1 cup jasmine rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 loosely packed cups cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
zest and juice of one lime
- Rinse rice under a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 1/2 cups of water to a small sauce pot over medium high heat. Do not stir.
- Bring water to a soft boil, then cover and reduce to a gentle simmer until the water is all absorbed.
- Remove pot from heat but keep covered to steam for ten minutes.
- To serve, fluff rice with a fork and stir in cilantro and lemon juice and zest. Adjust seasoning if necessary before serving.