Description: a healthier version to turkey or chicken salad that uses avocado and a little bit of Greek yogurt instead of mayo. This can be served as a sandwich or on its own.
- one pound cooked chicken or turkey breast
- one avocado
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred chicken or turkey with a fork, or alternatively, cut into bite size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocado, Greek yogurt, and apple cider vinegar using a potato masher or wooden spoon so that the avocado breaks down into a creamy mixture.
- Stir in the chicken/turkey and dried cranberries. Season with salt and pepper to taste. This can be enjoyed immediately, but I like it served chilled. This will keep in the fridge for a few days. The vinegar should stunt the browning of the avocado.