Description: A dark chocolate bark infusing the ever-so-popular gooey salted caramel. This treat would be great to serve at a party or to give away as a party favor or even a present for the holidays.
- one 10 oz package of Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fleur de sel or flake salt
- In a small sauce pot, pour in the sugar and add the light corn syrup and water. Bring the sugar to a boil. Gently stir the pan occasionally until the mixture becomes an amber color (about 10 minutes but could be more).
- As soon as it it turns the amber color, remove from heat. Quickly (but carefully as the mixture is about to bubble heavily) whisk in the butter, heavy cream, and salt. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- While the caramel cools, take the dark chocolate and melt it either over a double boiler or in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. If using the microwave, start with 30 seconds until continue with 15 second increments, fully stirring each time, until completely melted.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the chocolate evenly across the pan using a flat icing spatula (or other flat spatula that you have).
- Take the caramel and slowly pour in a swirl against the chocolate. Take your spatula and gently swirl it into the chocolate, leaving a distinct layer of caramel on top.
- Sprinkle fleur de sel or flake salt over top for decoration and extra bite of salt.
- Transfer baking sheet to the fridge to fully cool and set.
- Once set, break the chocolate into pieces to serve.