Description: This gnocchi recipe is packed full of fall flavors. It is best served with a brown butter sage sauce.
- One 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups flour
- one teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- two eggs
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until all the flour is incorporated.
- To roll out, prepare a floured surface. Flour your hands well. Take small chunks of the dough at a time in your hands. Add more flour if necessary. Try to roll out in your hands for a few seconds. Then, transfer to the floured surface to roll out into a long snake shape.
- Take a knife and cut into half inch pieces. Add to a floured baking sheet.
- To cook, add to boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes. You can also freeze them if not cooking immediately. Just add a couple minutes to the cooking time.
- When ready to service take gnocchi out of the boiling water with a slotted spoon. You could alternatively take them out a minute or so early and add them to the sauce to finish cooking.