Description: classic Italian-style meatballs with a blend of ground beef and ground pork. These tender and juicy meatballs are great with pasta!
- one pound ground beef
- one pound ground pork
- two eggs
- one cup breadcrumbs (regular or Italian)
- one teaspoon seasoned salt (or regular salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- If you are planning to use the oven as part of your cooking technique, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and combine with your hands. You want all ingredients to be well-incorporated so that all the seasoning, eggs, and breadcrumbs are evenly dispersed in the meat.
- Roll the meat mixture into golf ball size balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Next, you will sear your meatballs to get a browned crust. Bake for about 10 minutes or pan sear until brown with a nice crust. I typically like to pan sear my meatballs, particularly in the cast iron skillet. If all of my burners are in use, I will stick them in the oven on a baking sheet (don’t overcrowd the pan).
- Add seared meatballs to sauce pan to braise for at least 15 minutes in your pasta sauce (but they can stay in there up until you are ready to serve). Don’t be worried about over-cooking your meatballs in the sauce. It is nearly impossible to do that.