Description: a rich stock made from chicken carcasses and vegetables/herbs. This makes a great base for broth soups.
- two chicken carcasses
- two whole unpeeled carrots
- three whole celery stalks (leaves included)
- a whole yellow onion, quartered
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- a half bunch of fresh Italian parsley
- a couple garlic cloves
- 10 cups of water (plus more as needed)
- Add all ingredients to a large sauce pot or dutch oven over high heat until the pot comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer covered for 3-8 hours depending on time and desired flavor development. If the liquid starts to evaporate, add more water.
- After reaching the desired depth of flavor, strain the pot to leave just the stock. This can be used immediately or stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.