Description: a sweet and tart sorbet made from leftover cranberry sauce
- roughly 3 cups of leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- a squeeze of lemon (if you have one lying around
- Make sure to plan ahead and prepare your freezer bowl. I know mine can take almost 24 hours to properly freeze.
- If you have a chunky cranberry sauce, it would be a good idea to put it through a blender or food processor to smooth out the sauce.
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pot and cook over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes, until the sugar dissolves. The mixture should be very juicy and have a great deal of liquid. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes and then transfer to the fridge to cool for several hours.
- After allowing the sorbet base to cool, add to the freezer bowl and churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer recommendations. Mine takes about 25 minutes. Transfer to the freezer in an airtight freezer safe container for a few hours until hardened. Enjoy!